Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Spring!


Yesterday was a great day. I got home from work to a sunny day in the mid 70s! I don't know if this means we're going to have an early spring but it was time to get the hammock out! I love my hammock! I've got it under some trees in my beautiful back yard and there is nothing I love more than taking a nap back there in the shade, relaxing with the kids, or reading a book. There is something about being outside. The wind blowing. The birds chirping. The blue sky. The sound of the kids playing. Reclining in my hammock, considering the goodness of God. I love it!

The beauty of nature is a gift from God and rest was His idea. He worked on creation for six days and then rested on the seventh
.

In one of the Old Testament Psalms the Israeli king David says '… taste and see that the LORD is good; How blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him!' (Psalm 34:8)

God is good not only because of creation but also because we have the opportunity to be reconciled to Him and to walk with Him. The Bible records these words of the Apostle John: '...God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life. I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life.’ (1 John 5: 11 - 13)

The opportunity to spend eternity with God is available to all those who receive Christ into their lives and believe in Him. The journey begins with a simple prayer of faith.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Spring; ah yes, what better time to be outside enjoying God's creation!

Or you could be outside trying to figure out what the chances are that enough random things came together to create that beautiful flower growing near you house.

Personally, I like the first choice.