Friday, July 20, 2007

Notes From The Road - July 2007 Trip To Cape Cod - # 3

Here is another post from the road ....

We made our trek from New Jersey to Cape Cod on Wednesday and arrived at the home of Jennie's sister Beth. Jennie's brother from Rhode Island also arrived and we had a fun, family reunion. Beth's family has been going through a phase of playing a very fun game called Settlers of Catan. They've played 115 plus games since November. My nephew Jesse and I played a game with the twins. The game was cut short due to dinner but I was winning at the time with five settlements and the longest road.

On Thursday I was able to golf with Jennie's brother-in-law Terry, her brother Chris, and Chris's girlfriend Robin. After golfing we had lunch in the clubhouse and I had my first stuffed quahog of the summer. We played another game of Settlers of Catan. Although I lost, again I had five settlements and the longest road. Thursday night for dinner we ate at Seafood Sam's. I had crabcakes and also stole some of Jennie's fried scallops. We finished the evening with homemade ice cream from Twin Acres!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, I give up, what is "quahog"?

Unknown said...

Rob,

I'd appreciate you not talking about all the food you're eating. You don't want to cause a brother to fall do you?

Glad you're having fun!

Rus

Anonymous said...

From Wikipedia .....

"Hard clams (or quahogs) are quite common throughout New England, north into Canada, and all down the Eastern seaboard of the United States to Florida, but are particularly abundant between Cape Cod and New Jersey....The largest clams, Quahows or Chowders & cherrystones, with the toughest meat, are used in such dishes as clam chowder, stuffed clams, or are minced and mixed into the dishes that use the smaller more tender clams."