Monday, September 10, 2007

Important Additions to Life Hound

My analytics reports indicate that people from all over the world stumble upon my blog. Over the last month I've gotten hits from Ireland, Germany, Mexico, and Turkey. I am an American, though, and I have an American mindset and American challenges.

One of the great challenges that I think we face in this country is the tremendous amount of media and distraction that can fill our minds and our time. We are a sports and entertainment obsessed nation. Songwriter Randy Stonehill used to write about our 'fear of silence'. He once surmised that if we ever permitted silence into our lives we would have the unpleasant experience of 'hearing what our aching hearts had to say'.

I started this blog 10 months ago because I believe that people in our culture fill their lives with so many distractions and diversions that we miss out on the awesome gift of the presence of God in our lives. (Me included.) I believe that God created mankind to experience a loving, relationship with Him but we are so 'distracted' down here that we miss out on that relationship. I chose as a theme for this blog 'the hound of heaven' based on the idea that God loves us and wants to have a relationship with us.

I have added two important new links to the upper right hand corner of this blog under the heading of LIFE AND DEATH STUFF. 'Life Hound Stories' is intended to be a place where I will post the stories of those who have said 'yes' to Christ and have jumped into a relationship with God. I have added my own story first but hope to add many more in the coming months.

Also under LIFE AND DEATH STUFF is a more critical link to a page entitled the 'Life Hound 8 Minute Challenge'. This link outlines the basic teachings of Christianity, which can be reviewed in 8 minutes. It contains truths that all readers should review and decide upon.

I hope you'll check out and comment on these new posts! Again they are in the top right hand corner of the blog under LIFE AND DEATH STUFF.

No comments: