Saturday, September 01, 2007

It's All About Me!


A couple of years ago the youth group from my old church was raising money for a missions trip by selling t-shirts. I bought one and still have the shirt. The church's name is printed on the back and on the front, in large letters, it reads "It's Not About Me". One day, while I was wearing the t-shirt out in public, a person who was walking in my general direction took note of the shirt. She made eye contact with me and in perfect deadpan said "Yeah, it's about ME"..... I think she was joking.

"Then Jesus said to His disciples, 'If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me. For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it.' " Matthew 16: 24 - 25

No comments: