Wednesday, February 14, 2007

The Question of Evil


Are men inherently evil or are men basically good?
According to radio talk show host Neal Boortz men are inherently evil:
"A lot of people can't be convinced that some people are inherently evil. We like to buy the lie that most people are basically good and that if we were only nice to them or listened to their grievances, that they'll be nice back to us. We try and domesticate Islamic terrorists...legitimize them by trying to negotiate with them. There's only one problem: it doesn't work."
What does the Bible say about the nature of man? The Bible records that the Apostle Paul said: ".... I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh; for the willing is present in me, but the doing of the good is not. For the good that I want, I do not do, but I practice the very evil that I do not want."

No comments: