Thursday, November 16, 2006

Believe or Balony? - Never Safe - Episode 2

So I've got this OTHER friend. He was raised in the church. He's a good guy and sincerely tried to do everything that he was told to do by the church. And he was fairly successful at it. He was your perfect parishioner! But his church never taught about having a right relationship with God. They never taught how a person could have assurance that he is forgiven and that he is a child of God. So in spite of my friend's noble efforts he lived a life of fear and uncertainty!

On The Table: All we can do is our best. We do the best we can to follow the teachings of the church and, in the end, hopefully our good works will outweigh our bad works and God will let us into heaven. But you never can be sure.

Baloney! The Bible says: ‘And the testimony is this, that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has the life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life. These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know that you have eternal life.’ (1 John 5: 11-13)

Life Hound Principle: In prayer ask Christ to come into your life and save you. If you do, the Hound of Heaven lovingly grants you eternal life. Then you can KNOW that you have a right standing with God and will spend eternity with Him in heaven!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's the best thing you can ever do!

Love, Keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Anonymous said...

Dear Dad,

I like how you're doing chapters. I think I will change MY blog tomorrow and I might have chapters.

Love, Winky Dink

Anonymous said...

41 years ago, I became a “Christian.” I learned that compared to God’s Holiness, I was a sinner, and the wages of sin is death. For the very first time, I heard clearly the fact that God loved me so much that He sent His one and only Son, Jesus Christ, to die on the cross for my sins. All I had to do was believe that Jesus died on the cross for my sins, was buried and rose again on the third day, and then receive Him as my Savior and Lord.
And I did! It was that simple! I only had to believe and receive!
I now have: God’s gift of eternal life. All my sins are forgiven. I have peace of mind and real freedom from guilt.
What an awesome gift, and it’s free!!
One day I was taking my 3 grandchildren to a movie and Hannah, the youngest told me that the movie was free, she said all we have to do is walk in! I responded with "honey, nothing in life is free", and Caleb who overheard us, yelled out at the top of his lungs: "except for salvation"!!!
(Out of the mouths of babes?!)

Anonymous said...

I have to second Jack's 'Amen' and share some of myself. It takes my breath away every day when I think of what the hound of heaven did to pursue me. Thank you, Father, that my salvation is not dependent on my actions! I was saved when I was 21, and always knew I had assurance of my salvation, but because of pain and guilt that I carried from something that happened when I was 19, I led a very defeated Christian life. I utterly self-destructed and hit spiritual rock bottom when I was 30 years old. Thank you so much Lord for pursuing me relentlessly--thank You for saving me! Trust in Him and He will never leave you nor forsake you! Tammy K