Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Eating Spider Webs


Each morning my 8 year old daughter and I go out the back door, onto our deck, down the stairs to the yard, along the side yard, and into the car. I bring her to school each morning and then head into the office.
At the beginning of the school year this year I wondered why each morning, as soon as we got out onto the back deck, my daughter stepped aside and insisted that I go first. After 3 or 4 days my curiosity got the best of me so once in the car I asked her what was up.
Hannah explained to me that on the first few mornings that we had made our trek to the car, she walked through spider webs. The first time it was horrible. The second time she had definitely learned her lesson. After that I was to plow the way for her! I don't mind. I'm her dad and she's my cute little girl. We all would do anything for those we love.
Jesus also loves us sacrificially. He was willing to leave His heavenly kingdom and to thrust Himself into a horribly unpleasant and painful situation for us. The hound of heaven sent His only Son, Jesus, to take the sin punishment that we deserve. The Bible says: 'Christ died for our sins ... and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day...' (1 Corinthians 15:3-4) Jesus died for us so that we could be forgiven. What will your response be to His act of selflessness?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute story. It is a good analogy because I know I would do almost anything to protect and care for the ones I love!

Anonymous said...

Jennie's comment is perfect; All of us say we would do almost anything for the ones we love. But Christ did all that he could do for us, the ones He loves.

Anonymous said...

Dear Dad,

I love you. I remember when you drove me to school before we got into the car I was feeling spider webs and Hannah got a spider on her and I was laughing but now I'm glad I don't have to go through that.

Anonymous said...

Dear Daddy,

Thank you for plowing the way for me ..... as you call it. I'm glad there are not spider webs in the car!

Anonymous said...

I love it when you do things about us.

Unknown said...

I thought about this post twice over the past week or so as Christopher had asked me to go ahead of him twice for the same reason.

Anonymous said...

I love it Rus! That Christopoher is cute and smart! : )