Thursday, November 16, 2006

Believe or Balony? - Time Flys! - Episode 3


At the recent Veterans Day parade in our city I especially enjoyed the parade of antique cars driving by. That was until I saw this car that reminded me of my friend Lance's car from high school. I have fond memories of cruising around in Lance's cool car. But surely it's not an antique! Antiques are the cars that my dad and grand dad drove around in. Not me! Am I already of the 'antique generation'?!

On The Table: The older you get, the faster time seems to fly.

Believe! In a prayer recorded in the Bible the writer says: 'Behold, You (God) have made my days as handbreadths, And my lifetime as nothing in Your sight; Surely every man at his best is a mere breath.' (Psalm 39: 5)

Life Hound Principle: The hound of heaven wants to have a relationship with us. We need to respond to his invitation before it's too late! The Bible says: 'Seek the LORD while He may be found; Call upon Him while He is near.' (Isaiah 55:6)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Being another year older, as of yesterday, I can relate to the statement, "The older you get, the faster time seems to fly." But I take comfort in knowing that makes me a year closer to being in heaven with Jesus Christ, my Lord and Saviour!

Anonymous said...

To tell you the truth, that was kind of hard to 'get'. But, I liked it still!!!!!!!

Love, Keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Anonymous said...

Dear Dad,

Have you ever noticed how time goes by faster when you're having fun?! I have.

Love, Winky Dinky Dinky

Anonymous said...

Since I turned about 70, I am discovering that time actually does seem to go by faster, or...is it that I am moving slower??
Life is short, no matter how long we live. It is ironic that people spend so much time securing their lives on earth and spend little or no thought about where they will spend eternity. David, who wrote 73 of the Psalms, realized that amassing riches and busily accomplishing worldly tasks would make no difference in eternity. John 3:16 says: "For God loved the world so much that He gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him may not die but have eternal life. "

Anonymous said...

It's so easy to take life and time for granted and it's really easy to forget that we're not promised tomorrow. I'm very guilty of taking my eyes off the most important thing: that I'm here to honor and glorify God, and lead others to Him. Lord, help me every day to seek your face and to be an instrument of your honor and glory. It's not God's will for any to perish, put for all to come to repentance...and He's giving us time according to His will to fulfill that purpose--we've got so much work to do! Tammy K