Thursday, November 16, 2006

Choices, Choices!


My kids lead a carefree and happy-go-lucky life so I got a kick out of the amount of care and time they took in picking out pumpkins from the pumpkin patch this year.
It's amazing to me how often we adults let circumstances and pressures dictate to us how we spend our time. If we would only take as much care in deciding how we spend our time as my children spent in finding the perfect pumpkin!
We so often get distracted by unimportant things. In the Bible the writer of Luke describes a visit that Jesus made to the home of some friends. One host, Martha, frantically spent all of her time preparing the meal. The other host, Mary, soaked up Jesus' company. Luke records that Mary 'was seated at the Lord's feet, listening to His word'. When Martha griped to Jesus about Mary's lack of assistance Jesus, instead, praised Mary for choosing what's best.
The hound of heaven wants nothing more than to have an intimate relationship with us. We can begin that relationship by opening up our lives to Christ.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

To change yesterday, to do today what I've said I'd do today, or to just hope that tomorrow I can do that which I know to be right and just to do! I face these choices everyday and more often then I'd like to remember I chose wrong. I'm thankful that God is faithfull and never stops chasing.

Anonymous said...

Great blog dad. I think it's great that you want to teach people about God. And that you want to teach people a little bit about our lives. I love you.

Love, Kee 'Caleb'

Anonymous said...

I really really like this. I like the pictures and everything you said.

Anonymous said...

Neat idea and great pictures... Debbie

Anonymous said...

I was more of a Martha, than a Mary, and it was so hard! I thank God for showing me, one step at a time, what the more important things in life are.
I make my plans, but I know that God may have a different one for me that day, as so often happens! Proverbs 16:9 says: "In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps." I thank God for His Word, the Holy Bible, that teaches me what the better things in life are and how to live this life to it's fullest.

Anonymous said...

This is so true. We really have to make the choice each day to focus on God and not get distracted by all the stuff the world throws at us. Only when we put Christ and our relationship with him first do we truly have our priorities in order. - Kim